Tata Motors India started the concept of a new city at the 81st Geneva Motor Show, named it ‘Pixel’. It is expected that the new small car based on this concept vehicle will be on sale in 2014.
This concept is characteristic of the doors of the gull-wing, but it is expected that the vehicle of production will be a simple door, as we have seen most of the hatchbacks in India. According to a press release by Tata Motors, Pixel is the world’s fourth largest seater. It is three meters in length.
Zero turn toroid traction-drive in Tata Pixel is infinitely convertible transmission, which helps rotation of the outer rear wheel forwarders and the inner rear wheel is on the back, while the front wheels turn on the sharp angle.
The main functions of Tata Pixel are controlled by the driver’s smart phone, running ‘My Tata Connect’, the first integrated human-machine interface concept from Tata Motors. Like the Tata Nano, there is also a rear-mounted engine in pixels, with 1.2 liters three cylinder turbo charged diesel.
The engine is a low friction design, which includes variable cooling and oil pumps and rapid hot-up technologies. European combined cycle (NEDC) in CO2 emissions of 3.4 million / liters / 100 km in Tata Pixel and only 89 g / km with optimized aerodynamic drag, low rolling-resistance tire, stop-start technology and Intelligent battery charging
Fast facts about Tata Pixel
– Released at the 81st Geneva Motor Show
– Will be on sale in 2014
– The world’s largest four seater, it is three meters in length.
– Zero turn toorial traction-drive infinitely variable transmission
– The main functions of Tata Pixel are handled by the driver’s smart phone, in which ‘My Tata Connect’ runs
– A rear-mounted engine that will have a 1.2-liter three-cylinder turbo-charged diesel.
– Variable coolant and oil pump and rapid hot-up technologies